Invented by the seventh Duchess of Bedford to kerb her hunger pangs between breakfast and dinner back in the 1800’s, afternoon tea has become quite the thing to do when enjoying a leisurely hour or two with your friends and loved ones. Enjoy the famous Howard afternoon tea served by our friendly team of butlers in our elegant dining rooms from 2pm -5pm daily.
AFTERNOON TEA MENU
Finger Cut Sandwiches:
Crunchy cucumber and sea salt
Smoked chicken and parsley butter
Charcoal wafer with quail egg (dyed with beetroot)
Smoked salmon and cream cheese mini croissant
Freshly Baked Scones:
Carrot and ginger cake
White chocolate mousse with candy floss served in a shot glass
French style macaroon
Cupcake with gold leaf icing
Afternoon tea is served with a selection of loose leaf teas or freshly ground coffee.
Howard Hotel Afternoon Tea: £24.95 per person
With Prosecco (175ml): £29.00
With Premier Cru Champagne (175ml): £32.95
Advance booking is highly recommended to ensure availability.
The Howard Hotel Afternoon Tea Club
Join our Afternoon Tea Club and receive the following delicious benefits:
- Champagne upgrade on your second visit.
- Free Afternoon Tea on your fourth visit.
- A surprise gift on your seventh visit.
- Free tickets for an event at The Howard on your tenth visit.
- Free Champagne Afternoon Tea on your twelfth visit.
And there's more. You can also enjoy the following extra benefits:
- Complimentary use of our elegant function suites for private parties and special occasions.
- Priority notification of special tea club events and the opportunity to book before anyone else.
- 10% discount off your total dining bill in The Atholl restaurant at the Howard on presentation of your Club Card.
- 20% discount off your total food and drink bill at our sister hotel, Channings, in their renowned Shackleton's Bar & Brasserie on presentation of your Club Card.
What are your waiting for? Join our Afternoon Tea Club and pick up your Club Card on your next visit.
Afternoon Tea Gift Vouchers
Afternoon Tea gift vouchers make the perfect gift for a special birthday or occasion.
Please contact us to enquire about our themed private afternoon tea parties, perfect for a relaxing hen party or baby shower.
FOOD ALLERGIES and INTOLERANCES: Please speak to our staff about the ingredients in your meal, when making your order. Chef’s Food allergen charts for each menu item are available on request.
Click here to book your table online or call us on (0131) 557 3500.