The origins of golf are strongly associated with Scotland, particularly with Edinburgh, which was the place were first Rules of Golf were set out by the Honourable Company of Edinburgh Golfers in 1744. Throughout the years golf has gained popularity; it was briefly a part of the Olympic Games in 1900 and 1904, and later on had its own official tournament: the Ryder Cup.
Today, this traditional sport is as inherent part of Scotland as it was back in the Middle Ages. The stunning golf courses with amazing views and deep heritage attract thousands of amateur or pro golfers from around the world. Especially, Scotland’s capital has gained popularity over the years with its selection of courses and easy access from the city centre.
The Howard hotel offers a vast range of sample packages but we do recommend to speak to our golf expert, Chris, who can customise and adjust the trip to your needs and add a personal touch that will enhance your visit at no extra cost.
Package 1 - Edinburgh Courses
Some courses include Kingsknowe, Prestonfield, Duddingston, and Merchants of Edinburgh with many more available.
* Overnight accommodation and breakfast in The Howard
* Transport from the Hotel to the golf course
* A warm welcome upon arrival by the club professional
* A brief introduction and history of the club, warm up prior to tee off and pointers on the course layout
* Tee off (marker cards and green fees are included in the price)
* Return to the clubhouse and transport back to The Howard
Prices from £137.50 per person*
Package 2 - Links Courses
- Overnight accommodation and breakfast in The Howard.
- Transport from the Hotel to the golf course
- A warm welcome upon arrival by the club professional
- A brief introduction and history of the club, warm up prior to tee off and pointers on the course layout
- Tee off (marker cards and green fees are included in the price)
- Return to the clubhouse and transport back to The Howard
Prices from £162.50 per person*
To customise your Golfing Holiday
please call 01506 88 35 30 or email Ultimate Golf Service for pricing details.
The following options are available to customise your golf break.
- Choice of course
- Lunch at the course
- Golf lessons
- Extra days and/or extra rounds
- Club hire, shoe hire
- Hire of a golf simulator for groups
For Reservations Contact:
Telephone: 01506 88 35 30 (Chris, Ultimate Golf Service)
Telephone Outside UK: +44 (0)1506 88 35 30
Terms and Conditions
* Prices can be subject to availability and are based on two people sharing. Weekend rates may be slightly higher. Single occupancy rates available on request. Pricing based on a one night stay and one round of golf. Longer stays and further rounds of golf available, please enquire. Exact price confirmed on enquiry. Golf course selection subject to availability. For further information, full itinerary and all enquiries, please contact us on the details given above. Golf element cancellation charges vary depending on course. Subject to availability, exclusion dates may apply.